Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions
Great Bend of the Yellowstone Lewis & Clark Heritage Regional Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
Attending: Dale Guidi, Diana Seider, Dick Baerman, Penny Carpenter, Dick Murphy.
June 13, 2005
In-kind sheets were turned in to Penny who will get them to Becky.
Financial reports: Regular Commission Fund balance is $3,605.79. We will be paying 13.42% of the Driving Tour costs out of this. Penny will follow up on contract with MDT regarding additional expenses for project. Not sure of final amount due yet. A copy of the letter from 2001 was under Penny's door today but no note with it. Bill to High Country Rental for 106.60 is to be paid out of this also.
NPS $5,000 grant balance is $4575.00. Marleen picked up the Driving Tour brochures from printer and we have 23 boxes. They are very beautiful. Need to get them passed around. This cost was paid up front out of this fund in amount of $3000.70. Also claims for graphic designer is amount of $895.82 and to Lea Chatham in the amount of $150.00 will be paid from this. Balance currently is $1328.48.
O & P fund balance is $661.93. Our P.O. box rent is due June 30th so $68.00 (post office only allows up to 12 months rent) spent and $58.00 for Montana Edge printing for envelops. Balance currently is $535.93.
We paid $50.00 back to Sandra for Arts Festival but Diana can only find a check for $25.00 from Sandra. Diana will contact her on this.
Monument Fund: Marleen gave report. Net to statue was $29,382.00 and we paid payment #1 to Mary for $26,666.67. Currently have $2,690 plus 7 bronzes purchased ($950.00 ea). Sherry Wood purchased one last week. Fund-raising letter cost is $117.00 to be paid out of this fund.
Agenda: We used last meetings minutes as best we could.
1. Driving Tour: John from the Enterprise was going to come to this meeting but didn't. We are set to install the sign bases tomorrow afternoon at 2:00pm. (that didn't happen either...we did it Wed. 10 a.m.) Our six panels arrived last Thursday but the package weighed 82#....someone there packed 9 more signs (that were two other projects) and sent them to us. Penny unpacked our six, repacked the others and Sea Reach gave her their Fed Ex # to ship them back on.
2. Dick Baerman brought his painting (the thank-you to the potential Stock donor guy, Dick Murphy took it home to frame it. He read us an e-mail from him. Still "working on getting this done".
3. Penny will follow up on finding out the cost to put brochures in with WPO magazine mailings. Information on the statue is on the brochures.
4. Dale brought sample bricks for Marleen to use in the monument booth at Farmer's Markets that start next week. Penny made more thank-you cards for her. We will bring a roster of upcoming events to the next meeting for members to sign up on.
5. Lynn Crawford from Delta Signs made us a wonderful sign for the garden site. Penny brought in two posts and Greg and Mary will get it up. We will need to get another plastic holder to put on it. Marleen will follow up with park manager, Eddie Miller about the location for it.
6. Becky had gotten the fund-raising letter finished before she left and the Chamber staff have offered to do the stuffing, sorting and cancelling....Penny will make the labels and take them to the Annex.
7. Discussed forming up the base again and Dale will take on the job of finding a contractor to frame it up. John Kaiser will supervise the pour and JTL is donating the cement. No word yet from Ed Hillman on the excavation/rocks and gravel.
8. We reviewed the bid we received from Blake Nursery for labor/plants and trees etc. Bid is $5000.40. 1/2 due on start and 1/2 on completion. No bid yet from Native Landscapes.<>
9. Penny will follow up on Commemorative envelopes with L & C stamps for next July 15, 2006.
10. Penny working on the TIIP grant application due August 1st.
11. Jar money still being collected....over $600.00 has come it this way. Hooray!
Next meeting will be June 27th....need to plan for July 2, 3, 4, parade, etc. Please come.
Recorder, Penny Carpenter
P.S. LOTS has happened since this past meeting. Will be in next meetings minutes.
Back to Great Bend Commission Meeting Minutes Menu
Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links
Feedback Form | Email This Page
For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!