Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions
Great Bend of the Yellowstone Lewis & Clark Heritage Regional Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
Attending: Becky Douglass, Dick Baerman, Jackie Robbins, Jeanne Marie Souvigney and Penny Carpenter.
Professional Bldg. 320 N. Main
August 11, 2003
Financial report: Same as last meeting. Voted to shift fed-ex and photo-copy bill to O&P grant funds. P.O. Box rent was paid in July for another year.
Minutes: Minutes were reviewed and corrected: #2 should read "water treatment plant" instead of "waterpark" sign.
In Kind sheets: In-kind time sheets were requested to be turned in at each meeting.
1. Driving Tour Progress: Jackie said we have received our official permits for putting up the first six signs from MDT. Jeanne will contact Laurie regarding the Sept. 30 deadline to reinforce getting this done on time. Penny will contact Brian O'Callahan at SeaReach on the deadline date also.
2. Work day for bases: Messages were left on Laurie's voice mail in G.F. and on cell phone asking which date would work best for her....8/25, 9/6 or 9/13. We need to set a date to coordinate the rental of an auger to dig the holes, notify helpers and plan refreshments. Rental of auger voted on at $100.00.
Penny called the Community Service Officer (during the meeting) to ask if we could get inmates-in-lieu-of-jail help. He said yes, and also offered to operate the bobcat auger himself. Needs 3 or 4 days notice prior to which Saturday we decide on. Becky offered to get refreshments-sandwiches, lemonade, and water. Jeanne will ask Bob R. to ask Ken Hanson at Kenyon Noble for donations or discounted materials...2 x 4's, stakes, pre-mix cement, gravel, plastic wrap, tape. Penny will notify Becky asap when Laurie responds.
3. CTEP Funds: No word yet..will know soon.
4. Quilt project: Penny showed sketch of pattern and outline of measured blocks...ten in all. Will continue to work on this in Sept. Suzanne Brown willing to help herself and offered to take it to the Guild.
5. Statue contributions list: Becky brought master list of names & still needs hel p with several addresses. Filled in a few during meeting. She also had contacted a group in Colorado who had done selling of bricks as fundraiser and is waiting for a reply.
6. Corps II: Becky reported that Clint had notified Sandra about Corps II. We were not chosen at this point as the Crow Tribe was. Will learn more at Conference this fall possibly.
Brochure describing the musical program. "Odyssy West," with Rob Quist and Jack Gladstone shown. Discussed having an event to perk up interest. Becky will contact them for information.
Penny shared from the minutes of the State Commission meeting in Missoula about the MDT designing "historical markers with L&C images" for use on I-90. Clint had e-mailed about this, too. Jackie will ask Bob Burkovich about getting two for our Interpretive Sign west of town.
Next Meeting: The next meeting will be set around the work day for the bases as soon as Laurie gets back to us on a date.
Penny Carpenter, Recorder
Back to Great Bend Commission Meeting Minutes Menu
Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links
Feedback Form | Email This Page
For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!