Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions
Great Bend of the Yellowstone Lewis & Clark Heritage Regional Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
Attendance: Becki, Sandra, Dale, Marleen, Dick, Penny.
November 22, 2004
Minutes were read and corrected: $50.00 to Montana Committee for the umanities is a deposit only; $300.00 is the honorarium for the speaker.
Financial Report: Marleen for Monument- $250.00 donation from greenwoods came today. Dale & Gloria Guidi pledged to purchase a bronze.
Net to statue is $20,402.00. We have 5 bronzes 950 x 5=4750.00) paid for that can be sold.
O & P fund and Commission Fund report from Financial office does not appear to agree with our current records. Need to get with Jackie and schedule a meeting with Finance office to figure out where we are. Becky will call Jackie to see when she would be available.
1. Driving tour & CTEP- will meet with Jeanne after Nov 30. Need to get photo of Shields River from Laurie Heupel and the written permission from Clymer Museum to use image for #7 sign. Penny will contact both.
2. Brochure- Lea is ready to go as soon as our committee meets and makes final plans. Sandra is contacting Rita to get the NPS cost-share challenge money ($5,000) in one lump for the brochures.
3. Livingston Trust, Monument fundraising: John Bailey wanted to meet with only one person regarding the spread sheets. Becky, Sandra and Penny met the morning before to go over them and then Becky met with John. He really liked the idea of the landscaping plans from MSU students. Seems to feel money will not be available for about 16 months but may get an award then. Have to wait and see. He does want a revised and simplified copy of the final page of our data. He also wants a copy of the proposal from MSU. Becky will deliver these to him on Dec 10th. We reduced our request to $30,000.00.
Fundraising idea came from our joint meeting: we could put ads out now to promote the bricks for gifts and end of year tax deductions. "HONOR SOMEONE, BUY A BRICK." Thursday Livingston Enterprise, 1/2 page for $196.10 for Dec 2 and Dec 9. KPRK: 60 sec spot at noontime for $11.00. Start on Fri 12/3 and run it for 8 days.
4. Grants: Becky will get Humanities grant done; Penny will help on the O & P grant report and new request for 05; NFS meeting on Dec 3 with Ron Archulletta; Penny, Sandra and Becky will go. NPS Challenge Cost Share deadline is Jan 14. NEA grants available too with deadlines in March 05.
5. Landscaping meeting on Dec 8th in Bozeman; Becky, Sandra, Marleen and Dale will attend.
6. Foundry behind again, #3 was picked up; #2 and #5 due soon. #5 will go to the Chamber office and Sandra's can go home again. #9 not ordered yet; 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 are ordered.
7. Silhouette sign info... need one to promote the project so passersby will know what that cutout is for. Need ideas for a sign??? Sandra will order the stencil from Parco. HELP BUILD SACAJAWEA STATUE. Penny has wood signs to repaint.
8. St. Mary's Bazaar: Dec 17 & 18th. Becky, Sandra and Penny will help. Opens at 4:00 pm Friday, 17th. Display items as before, bricks, bronze, color prints, postcards.
Taste of the Trail Part Two: Feb 18th; have the recipes already. Hal Stearns, MCH speaker.
Sponsors- each would get two tickets. We definitely need more members to go out and ask for these as this takes time.
Could get donated silent auction items.
Will involve schools to get children involved. Marleen and Penny will draft letter and put Sacajawea photo on it.
Next meeting Dec. 13 and none on 12/27. Second Monday in January would be next meeting after Dec 13.
Back to Great Bend Commission Meeting Minutes Menu
Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links
Feedback Form | Email This Page
For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!