Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions
Great Bend of the Yellowstone Lewis & Clark Heritage Regional Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
Meeting was held at Becky & Kent's house....meeting first; Christmas party second. (Thank you B & K!)
December 12, 2005
Attending:Becky D.; Sandra C.; Norm M.; Marleen A.; Dick B.; Dale G.; Diana S.; Mary M.; and Penny C.
Minutes from last meeting were approved as sent out.
Marleen gave the financial report for the Monument: Four bronzes have been recently purchased: # 37, 40, 46, and 63. Becky may have a buyer for #60. Including our equity in owning 13 bronzes, we have raised $100,438.52. Fabulous! Selling these 13 would bring in $15,600 more. Think, think, think of possible purchasers & ask them! A donation of $1,000.00 was just received.
Penny gave the O & P and Regular Commission Fund reports. O & P fund is zero; end of year report has been completed and sent in; 2006 application is waiting for Commissioners’ signatures and will be mailed tomorrow. Thanks, Hillary! Regular fund is currently $2210.27 but our marketing bills will be about $560.00 out of this. No other bills presented tonight.
Sandra brought a new notice out from Travel Montana about grant funds available for new events from the tourism "bed tax". We have until Jan. 13, 2006 to apply. Penny will follow up on this and download the form.
Time sheets to Becky please.
1. Artist's report: Mary brought photos of the big statue for our scrapbook and a small album with photos from the foundry tour. All who attended said it was fascinating. We will schedule it again in the spring. Mary has a copy of the Three Forks Dedication ceremony for those who would like to view it (VHS format). The foundry has two sculptures ready to pick up and she will get those tomorrow.
2. Foundry tour: Marleen, Rick, Kent and Mary were there.
3. City’s help with sidewalks: Tabled for next meeting.
4. Pre-dedication event for donors and VIPs: Rose Anne Abrahamson is working on having Shoshoni here. The man who portrays Thomas Jefferson has a fee of $1000.00 plus expenses. Won't have him. Norm contacted Gary Moulton and he wants to come. We will check into coordinating his visit with other educational opportunities, etc. to help share the expense. Maybe the Bozeman group or Museum of the Rockies.
Norm also talked with the Undaunted Courage dug out canoe folks...Norm may go along with them as far as Pompeys Pillar. Marleen will get Sacajawea coins. Penny has the contact for the Post Office special envelopes. Will set up a meeting for January to discuss the design and required info.
5. Commissioners and Tara Depuy contacted Key Insurance (Alice) and it's taken care of for having the City on the Co. Insurance for Summerfest.
6. USPO- see above.
7. Plaques for the big rocks: Dennis Springer was the lowest bid for the plaques so all voted to hire him.
8. Brochures and post cards need to get out and around town. Penny will bring some to the next meeting for each of us to take and get them out....motels, restaurants, schools, Chambers in Bozeman and Big Timber, etc.
9. Humanities grants for speakers: Becky did.
10. Continue working on finding sculpture buyers. Dick's painting is at First Interstate. Great photo and story in the Enterprise! Sandra took the John Colter story from Dick and will get it typed.
11. Exhibit idea for the schools: Calls placed to East Side; Winans, St. Mary's and Links. Waiting for replies.
12. Silhouette idea: Tabled. Penny & Mary to get together. (when???, we don't know.
13. Becky got the story to the Chamber for their newsletter.
14. Ads in Livingston Weekly and Enterprise. Penny will follow up on the BEST TIMES insert that goes all over Montana.
15. We had a table at the Christmas Farmer's Market & at the Stroll downtown in Books, Music, Etc. The Quilt bedspread idea is taking shape....9 ladies are meeting at Back Porch Quilts on the 17th to pick out the common fabric, batting, edging and back. They will discuss design, how many blocks, etc.
16. State Commission wants input on the awarding of Certificates to deserving members. Discussion followed. Decided that our two Co-chairmen would work this out.
Next meeting will be January 9th, 5:30 pm in the West Room of the Courthouse.
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone.
Penny Carpenter, Recorder
Back to Great Bend Commission Meeting Minutes Menu
Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links
Feedback Form | Email This Page
For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!