Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions
Northeastern Plains Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Committee Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order by Betty Stone.
January 18, 2005
Minutes from the previous meeting were approved.
Financial Report - The 2004 Operating and Planning Grant was completely used up.
State Bicentennial Commission Report::
- State meeting is in February.
- $10,000 grant was awarded to the Lewis and Clark at the Confluence Event
- Communities will be receiving $500 per day to host Corps II.
Fort Peck Tribes Report:
- Pat Jones will be here in February to determine the Corps II site.
- Four Hi-Line Tribes will be coming to the Confluence Event.
River Access: Nothing new to report.
L&C at the Confluence Event:
- The committee met on Jan. 11th.
Rivers of Time:
L&C Festival in Nashua:
- Dates are May 6, 7, 8, 2005. Plans are being made for the 2005 event.
- Poplar, Wolf Point - May 6-9, 2005
- Glasgow - May 14-17, 2005, at the Glasgow Fairgrounds. Glasgow has formed a committee for the planning.
- It is a good idea to let the schools know so they can be involved and plan their field trips during the Corps II events.
- Sidney - Aug. 2006.
- There hasn't been any contact with the St. Charles Re-enactor group.
Betty suggested using ad sales money from the Lewis and Clark Newspaper to Sponsor the Lewis and Clark at the Confluence. Discussion. Motion made by Bev H. for Northeastern Plains Lewis and Clark Bicentennial to do a $250 sponsorship for Lewis and Clark at the Confluence. The moton was 2nd by Tim H., motion passed.
Next Meeting: March 15, 2005, 1:30, Great Northern Development Conf. Room, Wolf Point
Members Present: Betty Stone, Ruth Mattelin, Michele Fromdahl, Bev Harbaugh, Mareta Brusett, Tim Hutslar, Doug Smith, R. J. Young, and Carla Hunsley
Back to Northeastern Plains Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Committee Meeting Minutes Menu
Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links
Feedback Form | Email This Page
For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!