Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions
Upper Missouri Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order by Chairman Kubick at 7:00 p.m. Members present Kubick, Goldhahn, Fisher, Doerk, Parchen. Absent England, Roehn, Shield, Stensland. Others present Sepich.
May 24, 2004
- Motion made by Doerk, seconded by Parchen, to approve the minutes of April 21, 2004, with correction to change date for this meeting to May 28th. Approved 5-0.
- Treasurers’ Report. Kubick reported that no activity had occurred, thus the current balance is the same as previously reported. Kubick will set-up a separate signage account.
- Status Reports
- National – no report.
- State – Kubick reported the State Talent Showcase will be next month in Livingston June 17 & 18. Kubick also stated the First Stamp program at Interpretive Center was a huge success, excellent program, including Regional postmaster from Billings.
- Regional. Fisher reported they are extending a brochure to include Reaching the Rockies Chapter.
- EBS – Kubick reported they are working on, Fisher reported there is no money for brochures. Tribal games flyer has been done, basically a tool to recruit participants. Kubick concerned with the identity of EBS logo. Kubick has met with Cascade and Chouteau counties and will meet with City regarding getting matching money to approach the State legislature. Some questions raised regarding whether the necessary money will be raised. Kubick reported Travel Montana has money which may be available, but using it may hurt Travel Montana.
- Old Business
- Kubick has discussed with Mike Aderhold, MDFWP their assistance at Tower Rock and to insure everyone is in agreement on what should be done. Aderhold also indicated he would work with groups to get project done by next summer. Parchen expressed his frustration at lack of funding at this time to get things done.
- New Business
- Kubick reported Legacy Campaign is underway. Doerk stated we need to stay positive because we have so much to offer. Kubick stated the campaign plans to get 2000 individuals to donate $200 each as “seed” money. Kubick said money raised would be a 3 to 1 split with the Foundation.
- Communication (as noted in agenda)
- State Executive Directors Report
- L&CIC Summer Schedule
- Doerk provided a copy of the new Portage Route Chapter brochure.
- Parchen reported he made formal request (attached) for five (5) Lewis and Clark signs.
- Fisher reported she has been working on EBS.
- Goldhahn has been working on tours.
- Next meeting scheduled for June 28, 2004 in Great Falls. Kubick will check with members to make sure we have quorum.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted: Jerry Sepich
Back to Upper Missouri Commission Meeting Minutes Menu
Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links
Feedback Form | Email This Page
For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!